Sunday, August 27, 2023

We are actually on our way!

We are making our trip west! We have wanted to be present for Savanna, Katie and Brendon during the summer months, but Ellen feels okay with taking a break for almost five weeks. We would have left Friday, but I fell in my study - Thursday evening, I think. I fell hard, but fortunately I didn't break anything. My right knee is swollen, I have a very sore place in my back, and my left ankle sort of aches. I saw Dr. Van Dyke Friday - she thinks the sore place is bruised and possibly torn micro-muscles in the rib cage. Time will eventually heal, I hope. So we took it eaay Friday and Saturday. I did go see Angelina on Saturday, and I think she helped, as she usually does. We missed the Hallowell 20th Birthday Celebration, unfortunately. And we missed the Union Service in Summerston this morming, including choir. But we were on the road by 9:30 this morning, and we arrived in Swarthmore at 5:20 this afternoon. We had made arrangements to meet Sarah, Harry and Wallace at Swarthmore Pizza at 5:30, so we made it with a few minutes to spare. It was wonderful to see Sarah and Wallace again - I had not seen them for some time. Harry has visited us, but I have not gone with Ellen in her recent visits to Swarthmore. The restaurant was pretty noisy, so conversation was not easy, but we managed.We will be on our way to Chicago in the morning.
The Mario Cuomo Bridge - formerly the Triboro Bridge.
Wallace and Sarah.
Harry and Ellen.
Our Mediterranean Pizza
Interior of Swarthmore Pizza
A cute little welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment