Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Sad News on Another Front

My friend, Doug Hamilton, has been in Hospice care at home since last FridaY. I went by the house to see him - Sunday, I think it was, but he was asleep. I stood by his bed and talked with him and blessed him, while he slept. Yesterday morning I called to see if I might visit before we went to Savanna's party, but was told by his caregiver, Ben, that he was asleep. So afternoon, after we came back from the party and were at Hannaford's picking up a few groceries I called again. This time I got his daughter, Marian, and learned that yesterday morning, probably not long after I called, Doug had slipped away. I did not get to see him and talk with him, but I'm grateful I at least was at his bedside and maybe he sensed that unconsciously. It all happened pretty fast. I asked Marian if she would like a visit, but it was not a good time for that. She will let me know when there is a gathering of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment