Friday, October 22, 2021

An improvement

Well, I have access to the Internet using my computer at the house! I am not using a satellite dish. I have cancelled that. What happened is that I have figured out how to connect my computer to the iPhone, and the iPhone is now a personal hotspot, which makes it possible to access the Internet with my computer through it. So, for example, I just downloaded music from Peter Amidon for church Sunday. I can download mail onto the computer. Up until now, both of those things would have required a trip to the Dummerston Church. At present, I do not have a lot of gigabytes that I can use for the computer on the phone - it's 10 GB a month. But, if I use my time efficiently for basic necessary things like email and downloading things that I need to print out, I think I can do it. More extended periods of research on the Internet, I'll probably still go to the church. We'll have to see how much data watching a movie or a video will use - quite a bit, I'm sure. We can increase it of course, it will just cost a bit more. We have unlimited data on the phone; there is just this limitation on the use of the computer hooked into the phone. I chose that plan because it was the least expensive option and I just wanted to see how it works. So far it is saved me several trips to the church. I talked with Katie this afternoon. She has resigned her position at Flow Hub. As she put it, the place had become toxic for her. E.g., her Supervisor, Stephanie, whom she liked very much, has quit. Lots of people have quit. The man who took S's place is terrible. Katie feels good about resigning and she's going to do some temp-work until she finds something more permanent. Katie, we are sending lots of positive energy your way! Tomorrow, we visit Michael and Amy in Durham, NY, SW of Albany.
Downtown Durham, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment