Monday, October 28, 2019

Full Monday

Today we had our fourth Osher Lecture - this one on Henry iv, Part 2, in which King Henry iv  dies, and Prince Hal, who has been frequenting the Boar's Head Tavern and hanging out with Falstaff and other wastrels, and thus disappointing his father, assumes the kingship as Henry V, and one of his first acts is to disown Falstaff ("I know you not, old man!). As usual, many insights from the play on the nature of leadership are pertinent to the present.

Immediately after Osher, we tore up to Putney for Ryan Murphy's retirement luncheon, at which Hallowell was singing. Ryan has been Care Coordinator for Hospice for many years and a very special person both for Hallowell and for me personally. That was a lovely event.

Right after that, we mailed a package to Rob, and then came home, regrouped, Ellen dropped me at the pool and went on to Prayer Shawl Ministry at the Guilford Church. So I have a couple of hours here to do my thing.

I have photos, but they are on the phone and the phone is with Ellen. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment