Friday, December 21, 2018

Another full week!

The weeks are flying by - but that's the way it is during the holiday season. The main event this week was a trip to Maine to visit Jim and Mary in Owl's Head. I used time in the car to work on my annual Christmas letter. That was a very nice visit with yummy meals. Our original plan was to go from Owl's Head down to Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, on Thursday, to the Lessons and Carols service at the Church of the Redeemer, and then go to Katie and Savanna's to spend the night Thursday night. But I got a nose bleed just as we were about to leave and It delayed our departure so much that we wouldn't have been able to get to the service in time. So we went directly to Katie and Savanna's. Then this morning we were in a good place to go to Hilltown charter school for their solstice program which Tamar was taking part in. After that we took her to lunch at Friendly's. Fortunately my nose behaved through all that. 

Earlier in the week, on Monday, John and Mary Carnahan came for lunch. It had been months since we had last had a good chance to visit, so there was a lot to catch up on.

Last night the Dummerston choir rehearsal was cancelled due to fog of all things! It had rained most of the day. No white Christmas this year, I guess! In place of a rehearsal, Ellen started working on Christmas pudding and I worked some more on my Christmas letter and we listened to Christmas music. A nice evening. 

A moment from the Hilltown Mummers play, Tamar at bottom left. 

          After the play

Today, Saturday, I spent a couple of hours with John at his place just talking. That was very nice. We talked especially about the whole housing issue. There are many facets to it, but I think we are in essential agreement. After that I went to the pool - first time in a week or more - and then Ellen and I went to a pub for supper so we could watch UNC play Kentucky. Unfortunately, UNC got trounced! Then we came home and Ellen made cookies while I got out more cards and letters. We listened to a Blanche Moyse Chorale recording of  Bach's Christmas Oratorio  -  very beautiful. I was so blessed to sing with the Chorale for 30 years in its heyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment