Thursday, November 29, 2018

Mr. Squirrel wants in!

For a couple of days now, a squirrel has been making resolute efforts to get into our house! He has investigated every window and door;  he's climbed up the side of the door and sniffed out every crack and just now he's just been standing outside the door looking in a little wistfully.

                                                                 "Won 't you let me in?" 

Today is a "bake cookies day" for Ellen and it is not going well. One batch of dough came out strangely and some almond slivers got over-roasted. Plus a beautiful knitted vest she 's been working on for months showed up today with two holes in it - mice ? Anyway, it can't go into the church bazaar raffle like that! Sigh ! Hope it starts going better for her - she has a lot of cookies to bake for the bazaar.

Meanwhile I had a dental cleaning this morning that wiped me out. They used the ultrasound machine which I find very disagreeable. Then I went to the computer store to get ink cartridges and they said they've stopped selling ink because they lose money on it! Huh? I thought that was how they made money? Staples doesn't carry precisely the cartridge I need, so I have to order them from Amazon. I tried and couldn't read those letters you're supposed to reproduce to prove you 're not a robot ( I think my old iPhone cannot handle their website) so I'll have to go out with the computer. It's one of those days!

Later:
Made the order for ink cartridges on the computer at the church, easy as pie. Also got my music copied for Sunday choir. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment