Monday, October 31, 2016

Boundaries

The Boundary workshop was good. It was very different from earlier ones I've attended. This one focused on the issue of pastoral burnout - setting boundaries that make it possible to keep on serving a congregation without being totally used up, getting sick, neglecting one's family, etc. It took a "systems" approach to the relation between pastor and congregation - everything is interrelated. I.e., you can't address the issue of pastoral burnout just by working with pastors. You have to look at the total picture.

There were about 50 people there, of which I knew maybe 10-12. I did see some folks I haven't seen for a long time.

Ellen found a nice coffee shop and the public library as a place to hang out. We got back in plenty of time for me to get to my bass section rehearsal, which also went well.  Then I went to the pool. A good full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment