Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Day walk

I just did our usual walk up the hill above Paul's house, but it was about 8 degrees. However, it was very sunny, there was little to no wind, and I was warmly dressed, so I was not uncomfortable. One unexpected event was that a small group of elk crossed the road in front of me. I kept a respectful distance.

                       Elk approaching the road

                                   Coming up the bank 

                               Crossing the road

By the time I got to the point where they had crossed the road, they had disappeared into the woods, leaving their tracks behind them in the snow.

Another little surprise was that the folks in the big house at the top of the hill are adding a garage. I think I would have sited it differently, but it's their garage. 

                            The new garage

One thing this house has is a nice view:

                  View from near the top of the road

Jenny had to work today - on New Year's Day! The girls next door are visiting and playing Clue with Max and Ellen. 

                                     They've got a Clue! 

Tomorrow Max has a ski lesson in Jackson and then we'll see Star Wars (again - for us).

No comments:

Post a Comment