Monday, January 4, 2016

Long driving day

We're in Kearney, NE tonight, which is about 750 miles from Alpine! We didn't really intend to come this far, it just worked out that way. Partly it was because we had perfect driving conditions and were enjoying just sailing along on I-80 while I read aloud or we listened to music. 

We're in a Ramada Inn. Not our usual place. The front desk was incompetent. I made a reservation by phone an hour before we arrived. But when I checked in, they couldn't find it. Then I made three trips back to the front desk because the key cards didn't work. They finally gave us another room and took $20 off the price. 

When we left Alpine it was early (7:30) and cold (about 2). But here it's in the 40's. 

                        Looking out the car window this a.m.

Yesterday I went to church at Star Valley United. It was good we hear Pastor Allan again. He talked about being incarnations  of the word and invited each of us to choose a word we would try to incarnate in our lives this week. I chose "hopefulness." It has already helped me a great deal!

Sunday eve we watched Episode 1 of the last season of Downton Abbey. It was satisfyingly juicy. 

                            Violet and Lord Grantham

Not sure where we'll be tomorrow night. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment