Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Pool time

I've mentioned in earlier blogs the new swimming pool at the Colonial Inn and promised photos. I try to go at least a couple of times a week. Last time I remembered to take the iPod and got some photos.

The new pool. It has a uniform depth and wider lanes than the old pool. Dedicated lap swimmers like it, but I do not particularly like it, and prefer to swim in the old pool. 

The new hot tub. The old one was outside under a cupola, and was more pleasant. The old one was made of wood. You could see the sky and enjoy the contrast between cold air and hot water. This is sort of sterile. But the water is hot.

The fitness room. I haven't been using this equipment but I keep thinking I should.
The old pool. The big advantage of having the new pool is that this one is less used now. I have often had it to myself. I prefer the ambiance. Plus, you can step down into it, which you cannot do in the new pool, and it is graduated in depth, so you can do warm-up walking in the shallow end before swimming. I like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment