Thursday, November 12, 2015

A rainy day

Today was a rare rainy day - a good day to work indoors. I was inspired by my friend Luther Durgin, who has cleaned out all his old sermon files, to begin to do likewise. I took hundreds of pages to the recycle bin, but not before taking photos of some. Many more to go. It has been very interesting to revisit what I was preaching about back in the 1960's and '70's!

I also got in a swim today. The new pool and hot tub are now open. The new hot tub is quite a contrast to the old one which, alas, was destroyed by the building project. The old one was outside, which I liked, made of wood, dimly lit, and quite relaxing. The new one is inside, white fiberglass and brightly lit. Not relaxing in ambiance at all; very sterile environment. It feels like a hospital therapy pool. Oh well, the water is wet and warm anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment