Thursday, November 16, 2023

Happy Birthday, Ellen!

Yesterday was actually Ellen's birthday. We had a special time going to Burdick's Restaurant in Walpole, NH and meeting Katie and Brendon there for a late - 2:00p.m. - lunch. Burdick's is always a real treat. I made a lunch of soup and salad - beer and cheese soup and an Asian pear salad - which was delicious. Ellen had what I had, except she had French Onion soup. Brendon had swordfish, and Katie had pasta. It was a leisurely lunch and we had a lovely time. I made a card for Ellen - I always try to make a hand-made card if I can - but forgot to take a picture of it. But it was a perfect time. Then in the evening, Ellen went to the movies - about Elvis Presley's sister, Priscilla - and I stayed home to put finishing touches on my Bible Study class which is later today.
Top three: Scenes at Burdick's. Bottom: It's Thursday morning. I'm at the Guilford Church- Andy Davis is playing accordian in a contradance group he plĂ ys with on Thursdays and at the far end a group is making pies for an upcoming pie sale. I'm working on my computer. ****** LATER: Unexpected development! Ellen and Robin went to Manchester, and managed to lock the keys in the car. So Andy got me lunch and took me home to get stuff for Bible Study. Ellen met me back at church - the police opened the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment