Thursday, May 4, 2023

A lot has happened in five days - twice!

Five days: a big concert, a fall, a very special church service, a trip to the gym, a trip to the neurologist, a good rehearsal, and probably something I am forgetting. The concert took place at Bennington College, Saturday afternoon. River Singers joined forces with Dr. Kathy Bullock's class, the Benningtoh Children's Chorus and a local Balkan Band, and it was a very high energy concert with people literally dancing in the aisles. Unfortunately, my feet got tangled in wires on the floor, and I fell down, But I fell softly and rolled, and didn't hurt myself. I got right up, sat down on my stool, and sang the whole concert. Lucky me! We went to Bennington with Eliza, in her car, rehearsed for 1 1/2 hours, had a nice lunch in the college dining hall, sat with Jim and Patience, and had a nice visit. The concert was at two, was live-streamed. Except for the fall, it was a great day, and the fall was not a big deal, though it certainly could have been.
Photos of the hall we sang in and the dining hall where we ate lunch.************************ LATER: Now another five days have gone by, even fuller days, if anything. I can't even remember Thursday the 4th - except you could say "May the 4th be with you" (Ha! Ha!). And I had an appointment with Angelina. But Friday we had a River Singers dress rehearsal; Sat. we had two RS concerts - at 2pm and 4:30pm - John & Cynthia came at 4:30; Sunday there was church, a BIG congregational meeting after church, and a Windham-Union Association meeting at 3pm in Peru, VT (that waa an exhausting day - and that was just for me! Ellen went to her sister's birthday party after the GCC cngregational meeting and took a birthday cake she had made - so she had to take me to Centre Church in Brattleboro to meet Scott Couper for a ride to Peru - in his Tesla; and last night, Sunday night, I got very little sleep, and today, Monday, we had a sing for Sylvia Morse - a sing arranged through the church, not Hallowell (a very nice sing at that), and then drove to Deerfield, MA in search of fresh asparagus - which we found! I haven't been very good about getting photos, but here are some:
The top two photos are from Sunday, April 30th - Mary Alice Amidon was leading the service and gave her personal testimony about her life faith journey, and Ellen and I sang in the choir. The middle photo is of Kathy Bullock leading the Friday dress rehearsal. The bottom two are of the Congregational Church in Peru, VT - an interior photo I took and one from the air off of their website. It is a lovely church; there is a mural of their setting in the mountains painted in 1931 on the wall behind the altar. They are just a few miles from Bromiley Mountain, which is a big ski area. Cynthia took pictures of the RS concert, but hasn't sent one to me yet. I'll try to pull some pix off the GCC website from Sunday's service. We had a guest preacher, Rev. Clare Bamberg. I left the phone in the car during the sing today, so nothing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment