Friday, July 17, 2020

Big changes

Our lives are remarkably stable at the moment, but our neighbors are making big changes in their newly-purchased house at the bottom of our driveway (which is a bit under a half-mile from our house. I generally round it off in my head  to a 1-mile round trip  walk, which I try to do daily).

Remember those puzzles that were popular in my childhood, where you had two drawings and you had to list, e.g.,  seven things that were different in one drawing compared to the other? I remember kids' magazines like Children's Activities  or Jack and Jill that had things like that. Well, below are two photos - how many differences can you see?

May 1, 2020

July 15, 2020


There are many more landscaping changes not visible in the photo. They are really transforming the place. It's going to look very nice!

We learned yesterday that Mary Westbrook, our Dummerston Church organist and my fellow choir-director, is going through a tough time with difficulty walking because of back pain. Ellen  realized right away that standing and cooking would be no fun also, so she's cooked up some meals that we'll be taking to her later today.

Wednesday, the Reflections that Chicago Theological Seminary holds every week on Zoom were led by Leah Roberts-Mosser, who, with her husband, David, is minister of Community United Church of Christ, Champagne-Urbana, IL and whom I knew well 20 years ago when I was at CTS. She was great!  She also reminds me a bit of my granddaughter, Katie. The Reflections have become a regular part of my life.

Rev. Leah Roberts-Mosser



No comments:

Post a Comment