Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Good report

I had the endoscopy Tuesday afternoon. It went well, and Dr. Potash reported to Ellen that he found only a moderate constriction in the esophagus which he dilated, and no inflammation or cancer. So that is a good report. I personally never saw him - I was asleep by the time he came into the room and by the time I was awake in the recovery room he was long gone. My new med for anti-acid is working well - better than the omeprazole did - and I am eating normally.

All of that esophageal stuff has pretty much dominated the past 10 days, but we have had time for a few other things. We  had lunch with Katie and Savanna, and I went to the Shutesbury, MA library and borrowed a couple of books by Richard E. Kim (a Korean author who lived in Shutesbury until his death in 2009); then we went to see Max Feinland in Grease at Northhampton High (high energy); we went to a vigil for the Christ Church, NZ massacre; we went to a Blanche Moyse Chorale concert Sunday afternoon - music of Clara and Robert Schumann and Johannes Brahms - a lovely program; we went to Tom and Nancy's Ragle's house Sunday evening and watched The Wife on their screen - and ate popcorn. Fun!  I went to River Singers rehearsal last night but didn't try to sing, just listen. Tomorrow is Hallowell rehearsal and Friday we'll go to Maine for the weekend. So life goes on.


Shutesbury Library - small but charming. 


Kate Judd, rabbi,  and Javed Chaudri, Muslim,  at the Vigil Sunday


More on Richard E. Kim in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment