Friday, August 18, 2017

Cleaning out

This past week or so I have been busily emptying out what I have called "the sauna" (because when we built the house 44 years ago, we thought that is what it would become - and it is insulated and wired for an electric sauna stove), but which all these years has been a storeroom. Now we are downsizing and preparing to put our house on the market, and I need to clean out. So I've rented a 5x5 storage unit to use as a staging area, and I am winnowing, organizing, consolidating, jetttisoning, etc. Here is something of a "before and after" --

The sauna as it appeared maybe 4 days ago. By this time I had moved out a whole lot of stuff. When I started, it was so full, you couldn't get in

The sauna now.
Having this cleared out will make it possible to start in on my study, etc. Eventually, I hope to have everything winnowed down to what will go into what we hope will be our new 600 sq. ft. "tiny house" next summer. And the ground floor of our present house will be cleaned out and refurbished and ready to "show."

This will be an ongoing project, so stay tuned.

Meanwhile, we are picking up Katie in Brooklyn tomorrow and driving to Columbia, MO to "see" the total eclipse from the vantage point of a tree dedicated to Betsey in a park there. An adventure,  given the uncertainties of weather and traffic. Stay tuned for that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment