Sunday, February 28, 2016

A nice walk

Alpine is participating in the general warming trend that is going on in the west right now, so Ellen and I just had a nice walk up the hill. Today has been really lovely all day, and the light was particularly clear this afternoon.

       View from the hill above Paul and Jenny's  house in the late afternoon light. 

I went to Star Valley United Church this morning. I missed seeing and hearing my friend, Allen Schoonover, because he and his wife, Dee, are on a late winter vacation. Filling in for him was a retired Methodist pastor, Ben Nardi, who resides in Jackson. He was ok, but I felt he didn't really come to grips with the biblical texts he was given by the lectionary, which admittedly were very difficult. He glossed over the difficulties, rather than wrestling with them, which would be my preference. But he was genuine and personable, and his basic message - that God's grace is greater than his judgement - was good. 

Earlier this afternoon, the two neighbor girls, Aubrey and Jayda, came over for lunch and played with Max, so I retreated to the bedroom to read and ended up napping a bit. Then I watched a rerun of last week's Downton Abbey episode with Ellen and Jenny, before our walk. Tonight may be the last one - or is it next week? Tonight is also the Academy Awards. We'll be here tomorrow and head back to Boulder Tuesday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment