Monday, February 26, 2024

The past week

Quite a lot is going on that I haven't reported here. Last Sunday at the Guilford Church (February 18th) it was the first Sunday for our new Interim Minister, The Rev. Allyson Platt, who was the interim Minister back in 1997-1998 right after Shirley and I retired. She was very much liked, back then, and people are very excited to have her returning. The church attendance has been quite good both last Sunday and yesterday. She sat in on my Bible Study session yesterday, which was nice of her.
Rev. Allyson Platt and her therapy dog, Hero. **************************** Otherwise, I had River Singers Tuesday, had a session with Holly King (massage therapist) on Wednesday, Dummmerston Choir Rehearsal Friday evening, a Deacon's Dinner at the Dummerston Church Saturday evening, and Bible Study after church on Sunday. So it wasn't a super-busy week but just right. I had time to prepare Bible Study - the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31) -- and I think the session went okay on Sunday. We had 15 people there - including Ellen and me. The one thing that didn't go well was that the recorder I use ran out of storage space and the recorder stopped after 12 minutes - unbeknownst to me. I'm supposed to be erasing past recordings but I haven't been - it's a reccorder I borrowed from John. So I got no recording of that session to send out to people. I will have a Zoom session Thursday covering the same material, so hopefully I'll get a recordong of that. Right now, I am at Planet Fitness while Ellen is at the Guilford Church with her Prayer Shawl knitting group. I just worked on three machines - the bike, the arm pedal and the leg squeeze. They have a nice lounge room with comfortable chairs and WiFi.

No comments:

Post a Comment