Saturday, October 21, 2023

Errands

Friday - it's raining – a good time to do errands. First I went to the Church Office in Dummerston and made copies of the anthem for Sunday which we will rehearse tonight at seven; and then I went to the church and put the copies in the three-ring binders for the choir. Then I came home and got Ellen and we came down to Walgreens to drop off a prescription, then went to Staples to get printer paper and I went to Planet Fitness which is right next to Staples and I put in twenty minutes on the bike and the arm pedal. The arm-pedal really stretches out my right arm and that seems to help my shoulder. Angelina recommended it, and I think she was right. After Planet Fitness, we came back to Walgreens and picked up the prescription. We came home, rested a bit, had supper, and came up to the church for a choir rehearsal. We rehearsed "Mist and Darkness" for Sunday morning and "Goin' Home' for Althea McBean's funeral on Saturday. LATER: It's Saturday, and I'm at the church, waiting for Althea's service to begin.
Althea McBean (1926-2023) Later Still It is now after Althea's service, which was lovely. I saw many people there I had not seen for decades: Althea's childen, the children of Dave and Phyllis Baldwin, who were close friends of the McBeans and our family; and many others. It waa quite a homecoming. And I totally forgot to whip out my phone and take pictures! Oh well! Our anthem, Goin' Home, based on Dvorak's 9th symphony, went very well. Another great piece to add to our repertoire. We are about to go to Northhampton and will have supper with Julie and Jerry, and Tamar will be home from Brandeis and we'lll get to hear about her college experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment