Monday, October 24, 2022

Bible Study

Well, I've taken on a big challenge: leading a Bible Study group at the Guilford Church. It is going to be via Zoom, and that is proving to be more challenging than the Bible itself. I have never hosted a Zoom session before. I wish somebody else could be the host so I could focus on the Bible, but that doesn't seem to be falling into place. We start this coming Wednesday, and will meet each week for three weeks. Then we will re-evalute and decide how to continue. It will be between 4pm and 5:30, but a half-hour of that will be silent prayer. I hope it goes well! Meanwhile, things have been happening on other fronts. On Thursday, I was part of a group that sang for Mary Lila Gregg on her 92nd birthday at her home. She lives by herself in a large and lovely house way out in the wilds of Guilford. I had never been in her home before, which I found hard to believe because I've known Mary Lila for well over 25 years! It was very nice to be there! Thursday eve we went to a Hallowell rehearsal in the Westminster-West church. Both Peter Amidon and Mary Cay were there to lead - very satisfying! Saturday I went with John to a memorial service for Beverly Major in the WW Church. I also spent time with with him at his house while he tutored me about Zoom. Ellen was in Northhampton with the Feinlands. Yesterday was church and in the evening we went to a book study group on Brian Maclaren's book Do I Stay Christian? I've also spent a lot of time fussing over the technical side of Wednesday's upcoming Bible Study, unresolved as of this moment. Life feels very full all of a sudden!
Singing at Mary Lila's with Carole Crompton.
Our group with the "birthday girl" (Lucy Spahr-Blasej was taking the picture).
Mary Lila's home in Guilford
Waiting for the Hallowell rehearsal to begin. We are still wearing masks - a lot of people we know have COVID.
At Beverly Major's service - just before it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment