Sunday, December 5, 2021

A change in plan

Our original plan today was to go to the Bergh's at 3 o'clock to watch the Tar Heels play Georgia Tech in men's basketball. However, Eliza called and said that Phoebe had thrown up last night and that Sarah, Phoebe' mother, was having upset stomach problems today. So maybe we probably shouldn't come, because she didn't want us picking up a bug. So we stayed home. Ellen actually has been using this opportunity to stack wood. She finished one pile and has a good start on the second. Since snow is coming, that's really great. I worked on this blog and also started reading George Saunders' Lincoln in the Bardo. It is an unusual book; I would say even a strange one; but it is also a very compelling one. I'm about 100 pages in. I'll report on it when I finish it.
LATER: A quiet evening listening to Says You and All the Traditions on Vermont Public Radio. I did the dishes while Ellen went to Putney and I'll do the supper ones now before I get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment