Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday

Today we participated in the Good Friday service which went from noon to three at the Guilford community church. Both Ellen and I sang in the choir; we sang nine pieces altogether; and I also provided the meditation on the fifth word, "I thirst." It was a powerful service. I felt good about my contribution, and had  some very positive feedback on it. The "seven last words" provide the opportunity to reflect on some pretty huge life and death issues. Similarly, the evening before with the Seder meal followed by the Office of Tenebrae, goes into places like slavery and freedom, love and betrayal. We feel fortunate to have such opportunities. Ellen is cooking tonight for the Feinland family Seder tomorrow, which will be held at their former place of residence, Pathways, which has a large common room where we have held the Seder before.  But this year Julie and Max will not be there. They were in Amsterdam and now I think they're in Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment