Monday, April 4, 2016

Tea party

Sunday afternoon, Ellen put on a little tea party for some women friends - Robin, Eliza and Sue. (There were four others who couldn't make it). Ellen's family has a lovely old Spode China set which she brought up from her sister's, which looked very elegant. She made little quiches and strip sandwiches; Robin brought some date bread, topped with cultivated cream cheese. It was lovely and delicious. (I got to sample everything).  I greeted folks and then retreated to our bedroom where I read and dozed. I'm reading Ron Chernow's biography of Alexander Hamilton (the basis of the Broadway show Hamilton!). Learning so much I never knew before!

         The table set for a tea party

       The tea set

         Strip sandwiches

            Mini-quiches

       Date bread with cream cheese

The past few days, I have been dealing with some kind of bug, so I've been taking it easy. We did go to church Sunday - our first time at Guilford for a few weeks. Friday evening we went to a local motel so we could watch the NCAA Final Four games - first Villanova trouncing Oklahoma, and then the Carolina TarHeels handily dispatching Syracuse. So tonight, Carolina plays Villanova - it should be an exciting, close game. I have a Carmina Burana rehearsal, but the game doesn't start until almost 9:30 so we can probably watch it somewhere - maybe a local pub. 



No comments:

Post a Comment