Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hallowell sing

This afternoon both Ellen and I went out to do bedside singing with Hallowell but this time we went separate ways - very separate - she to Vernon Green "down south" and I to Westminster  "up north." Each of us was co- leading a group. My group sang for an 82-year old mother of four lovely men who had had a rough day and had been given morphine, so she was not responsive but we believe that even in that situation we are heard at some level. We crowded into her bedroom in a single wide trailer and sang quietly about five songs while one son and a daughter-law stood beside her bed. Such a sing is always quite touching  and appreciated. Ellen had dropped me off at the Putney Library early so she could do some errands and get to her sing which was about 25 miles away. One of the singers in my group picked me up and then brought me back to the Coop afterward where Ellen got me at about  7 pm . So that worked out fine and I even got a little supper at the Coop and used WiFi. 

Tomorrow we're going to  Hope, ME to spend the weekend with Ellen's bro Jim and his wife, Mary. I'll get some pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment